Alfredo Sauce Burger on Garlic Rolls
3 pounds ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large shallot minced
1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
Garlic Bread Rolls:
6 Italian Rolls or Italian Bread (high quality and fresh only)
2 Tbls. butter
1 Teaspoons Parlsey
1 clove Garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
1/4 Tablespoon White Pepper
1/2 cup additional shredded Parmesan cheese for topping.
1. Pre-heat grill to 350F or medium-high heat. Leave an area for indirect heating.
2. Start with the patties. Mix all the ingredients as described above. Mix only until evenly mixed. Do not over mix because it will remove to much of the fat. Shape in into 6, 1/2 lb. patties and place in a refrigerator.
3. For the Rolls, mix all the ingredients well, or until butter is soft and spreadable. Then cut rolls in half (if needed). Spread mix on rolls. Cover and set aside.
4. For the Alfredo Sauce, start with a roux. This is done by placing the butter in the pan/pot and slowly adding the flour over the direct heat portion of the grill. The grill will add flavor to the sauce as well. DO NOT BOIL. Stir often. Then add the cream, cream cheese and garlic next. Again, stir often. If boiling begins, move to indirect heating area. Add salt and white pepper. Leave on the indirect heat section and continue to stir often until melted. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir in evenly in.
5. Pull patties from the fridge and wipe grill with Olive Oil. Place Patties over direct heat to sear (about 1 minute each side). Then pull the pot for the sauce off the grill and stir. Place the burgers on the indirect heat side. DO NOT FLIP OR PRESS the burgers as this will lose the flavor. Let cook covered on indirect heat for about 7 minutes for medium.
6. Place the rolls spread side down over the direct heat and monitor them closely so it does not burn. Remove when toasted.
7. Assemble the burger by placing the patty on the roll and pour or spoon the alfredo sauce over the burger. Enough to cover (about 3-4 tablespoons). Then sprinkle with remaining cheese and let sit for 2-3 mins. This allows the juices to return.