All American Bacon Burger
The all American bacon burger is exactly what summer is about bacon, beef, cheese and barbecuing. Friends and family rave over how juicy these patties are and how crispy the bacon is. This is summer, this is the all American bacon burger.
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 small red onion, chopped
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon ketchup
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 pound ground beef (ground round)
* 6 slices bacon, thick maple cut
* 6 hamburger buns, split (focaccia buns work best)
1. Preheat a grill for high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble in the ground beef, and mix together by hand. Form into 6 patties, and wrap a slice of bacon around each one. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
3. Place patties on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Remove toothpicks before serving on hamburger buns.