Anaheim Pepper Fajita Burgers
My family loves spicy fajitas.This recipe incorporates all of our favorite flavors into a burger!
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (preferably sirloin)
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2/3 cup chopped scallions
2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chile in adobo,
12 slices Monterey Jack cheese
6 Ciabatta rolls split and toasted
3 roasted Anaheim or poblano peppers
1 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
12 slices tomato
6 thin slices red onion
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Place beef, 1/2 cup cilantro, onion, scallions, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Combine gently, without overmixing, until evenly incorporated. Form into 6 equal patties, about 1/2 inch thick
3. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice and chipotle in a small bowl.
4. Peel the roasted peppers, halve lengthwise and remove the seeds.
5. Oil the grill. Grill the burgers about 6 minutes per side. Top with cheese and cook until it is melted
6. Assemble the burgers on toasted rolls with the chipotle mayonnaise, half a roasted pepper, cabbage, tomato and onion.