Asian 5-spice pork and shrimp burger
• 1lb medium shrimp (shelled and deveined. Cut into small cubes)
• 1/4lb ground pork
• 8 pieces water chestnut (diced finely)
• 4 tablespoon of dried winter melon or dried figs(diced finely)
• ¼ of a carrot (diced finely)
• 1 medium onion (diced finely)
• 2 teaspoons potato starch
• 1 egg yolk
• 6 thin slices of brie
• 6 bulky rolls
• 1-1/2 teaspoons 5-spice powder
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
• 2-3 teaspoons salt
Cucumber & Mango slaw
• 1 cucumber (thinly shredded and soaked in cold water for 30 minutes)
• 1 green mango ( thinly shredded and soaked in cold water for 30 minutes)
• 6 tablespoon white vinegar
• 6 tablespoon sugar
Sesame soy dressing
• 3 tablespoon sweet tahini
• 1-1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 3-4 tablespoon chicken broth
Mix all cucumber and mango slaw ingredients together. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
In a food processor, pulse shrimp, pork, water chestnut, winter melon, carrots, onion, egg yolk and marinade together. Dish out from food processor and placed grinded ingredients in a bowl. Using hand, combine the ingredients by mixing them whilst sprinkling potato starch. Allow mixture to stand for 30 minutes covered.
Prepare Sesame Soy Dressing by whisking all ingredients together. Let sit whilst preparing burger.
Preheat grill to 450 degree.
Form grounded pork and shrimp into patties.
Grease grill with a paper towel sprayed with cooking spray. Place patties on hot grill 4 minutes per side. Turn patties over once patties have nice grill marks. Topped with brie slices. Grill bulky rolls till it has a nice grill marks.
Spread on both sides of bulky rolls. Placed patties on bulky rolls and topped with Cucumber and Mango slaw.