Athena’s Divinity Burger
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 cup brine cured olives, pitted and diced
1 cup fresh parsley, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
2 lbs ground sirloin
1 cup organic plain yogurt
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup Colavita olive oil, divided
½ tsp Tabasco Chipotle pepper sauce
1 tsp Kosher salt
3 pieces (7″) pre-oiled gyro bread
6 (1/4″) slices feta cheese
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cucumber, washed and sliced 1/4″ rounds
1. Combine rosemary, olives, parsley, garlic, pepper and Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon in a large bowl. Add ground sirloin and mix with aromatics until incorporated.
2. Divide meat mixture into six equal portions, shaping each portion into a 1″ thick patty; refrigerate until ready to grill.
3. Prepare approximately 40 charcoal briquettes in a chimney starter approximately 45 minutes prior to serving time.
4. While charcoal is advancing, prepare dressing by combining yogurt, lemon juice, 2Tbsp Colavita olive oil, Tabasco Chipotle pepper sauce, and salt in a small bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
5. Cut each piece of gyro bread in half to yield six semi-circles.
6. When charcoal is covered with gray ash, spread coals around bottom of grill for direct heat cooking. Wipe cooking grate with towel dipped in reserved olive oil.
7. Cook hamburgers in center of grill, covered, for 4 minutes and turn; continue cooking for additional 4 minutes.
8. Remove cover, top each burger with one slice of feta cheese and place gyro bread at edges of cooking grate to toast, approximately 2 minutes.
9. Plate gyro bread on six individual serving dishes with ~1/3 cup of spinach leaves centered on each. Top beds of spinach with a cheeseburger, then 2-3 slices of cucumber and lastly a healthy dollop (~2 Tbsp) of yogurt dressing. Overlap gyro bread ends on top and hold together with a skewer.
10. Give thanks and enjoy!