Beefy Cabernet Burgers with Mushroom, Bacon and Swiss
4 Strips Applewood Smoked Bacon,chopped
1/2 Large or 1 Small Vidalia Onion,diced
1/4 Cup Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Medium White Mushroom Caps,minced
1 Beef Bouillon Cube
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper
1 Tbl. Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Grated Swiss
1 lb. Ground Chuck
2 Tbl. Vegetable Oil (for grill)
4 Sourdough Buns,halved
1 1/2 Tbl. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tbl. Sour Cream
1. In medium skillet, cook bacon over medium to high heat until crisp. This will be approximately 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
3. In same skillet, combine onion, wine, garlic, mushrooms, bouillon, salt,pepper and tomato paste. Saute until onions are transluscent. This will be approximately 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In small bowl combine swiss with bacon and form 4 (half dollar sized) patties. Set aside.
6. In large bowl, combine beef with onion mixture and mix lightly. Form 4 equal sized patties. Grind black pepper on top of each patty.
7. Insert bacon/cheese patty into center of each beef patty.
8. With grill brush, brush vegetable oil on grill to prevent burgers from sticking.
9. Place burgers on grill and close lid. Grill approximately 7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
10. While burgers are on grill, combine avocado, lemon juice and sour cream in small bowl. Whisking lightly to combine.
11. When burgers are done take off grill and tent with foil.
12. Place both halves of buns faced side down on grill. Keep on grill approximately 1 minute with lid open.
13. Take buns off grill and spread each half with avocado mixture.
14. Top each bun with burger and serve immediately.