Big Jakes Backyard Burger
6 sheets of saran wrap (to wrap the meat) [about 12 in. by 18 in.]
1 large mixing bowl
2-pounds, ground market-fresh beef
2 tbl Texas Beef Rub (any brand)
2 tsp Adobe
1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup Vandalia onion minced
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 pound cooked and drained bacon
6 slices Pepper Jack cheese, (1 per burger)
1 tsp of Heinz 57 steak sauce, per burger
6 Hamburger Buns without seeds
1) Wash your hands, because they are going to get messy!
2) Rip 6 sheets of Saran wrap and position each individually on a table. Each will soon have a beef patty on them.
3) In a bowl, add the ground beef with the Texas Beef Rub (any brand) and mix with your hands.
4) Add the egg, Adobe, cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder, Vandalia onion, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
5) Separate into 6 parts and ball each tightly. Take each ball and press between hands to make a disk about 3/4 inch thick. Rotate in hand and press firmly on sides to pack well. Place each on a piece of Saran wrap.
6) Fold the patty with the wrap on all sides (like an envelope). Place on counter and press the top of the patty with your hand to ensure patty is packed tightly together.
7) Place patties in refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour (up to 12 hours).
8) Cook and drained bacon. Leave as long strips. Set aside as a topping
9) Cook patties to personal preference.
10) Just prior to removing patties from grill, add bacon, then top with a slice of Pepper Jack cheese.
11) Place cooked burgers on bottom half of bun, add a dollop of Heinz 57 steak sauce, per burger
12) Lean other top half of bun against the burger â€“ cause it looks cool.
SPECIAL NOTE: I have kids, so I use the Heinz 57 Steak Sauce to make a smile face on the burger. They love it!