Black bean chicken chorizo burgers with chipolte-lime mayonnaise
¾ cups mayonnaise
¼ cup adobe chipolte sauce (from canned chipolte peppers in adobe sauce)
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 pound ground chicken
1 pound ground chorizo
1 ½ cups of re-fried black beans
6 green onions, diced
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 medium pineapple
6 leaves of iceberg lettuce
6 sourdough buns
1. Pre-heat your gas grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine ¾ cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup adobe chipolte sauce and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine 1 pound ground chicken, 1 pound ground chorizo, 1 ½ cups of re-fried black beans, 6 diced green onions, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of ground cumin. Portion meat into 6 equal parts. Make each patty about 1 inch thick. Make a small indentation (using your thumb) in the middle of each patty.
4. Grill burgers over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes on each side.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple by removing the outer rind and slicing into ½ inch rounds. Remove the core from each round. Place the pineapple rings on the grill during the last 8 cooking minutes of the burgers. Cook pineapple for about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Remove the burgers and pineapple rings from the grill. Set aside and allow to rest.
7. Place opened buns on grill for about 2 minutes until toasty. Remove buns and spread 2 total tablespoons of the chipolte-lime mayonnaise on both the top and bottom buns.
8. To assemble the burger, place 1 leaf of iceberg lettuce on the bottom bun. Next, layer the black bean chicken chorizo burger and top with 1 grilled pineapple slice. Finally, crown with the top bun.