2 lbs Ground Pork
1 medium Red Onion grated
1 clove Garlic finely minced
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tbl fresh chopped Parsley
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 Poblano Pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 cup high quality mayonnaise
1 meyer lemon
1 tbl champagne vinegar
1 tbl unprocessed honey
1 pinch salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 tbl extra virgin olive oil
3 cups of arugula
Grilled Spicy Plantains
2 tbl unsalted butter
2 tsp unsalted chipolte chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
2 ripened black plantains
6 Brioche Buns
1. Add all the patty ingredients together with the exception of the poblano pepper
2. roast the poblano pepper over high heat until the skins are dark black
3. place the roasted pepper into a plastic ziplock bag for 10 min
4. remove the blackened skins off the pepper and remove the seeds from the pepper
5. dice the pepper and add to the ground pork
6. add the garlic to a food processor and pulse until garlic is minced.
7. peel the skin from the mango and remove the flesh from the pit.
8. Add the fruit of the mango to the food processor and pulse until the mango becomes a puree.
9. fold the mango and garlic mixture into the mayonnaise.
10. peel the plantains and cut in half lengthwise.
11. add the butter and remaining ingredients to a small sauce pan and melt over low heat.
12. over medium high head gilled the plantains for 4 to 5 min per side to caramelize them.
13. While grilling the plantains brush the spicy butter mixture over them constantly. (watch out for flames make sure to have a squirt bottle at your side).
14. with a potato masher mash the grilled plantains
15. Using a micro-planer zest the meyer lemon.
16. Juice the meyer lemon and add the reserved zest.
17. add the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and whisk together until the honey and salt have been dissolved into the mixture.
18. slowly whisk in the olive oil to make a dressing
19. right before serving burgers pour the dressing over the arugula and toss to coat
20. separate the patties into 6 equal portions
21. Over medium high heat grill the patties approximately 5 min a side making sure the internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees.
22. toast the brioche bun until golden brown.
23. place 1/6 of the mashed plantains on the bottom of the bun
24. place the patty on top of the plantain mixture.
25. place 1/2 cup of the arugula salad on top of the patty.
26. spread a liberal amount of the mango aioli on the top half of the bun and place on the very top.
27. Serve and enjoy.