1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chicken stock
Juice one small lemon
2 crushed, chopped garlic cloves
2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbs chopped, fresh basil
1 tbs chopped, fresh oregano
2 tbs Italian breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 lbs. ground chuck
2 tbs butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 loaf of Italian bread, evenly cut into 6 pieces, sliced in half
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
6 oz roasted red pepper
6 oz prosciutto
8 oz shredded provel, divided into six parts
2 tbs mayonnaise
1. In flame-proof, grill-safe bowl, whisk together white wine, butter, chicken stock, lemon, and crushed garlic over direct heat on grill, until lightly boiling. Remove from direct heat but continue to let sauce simmer.
2. Prepare patties while sauce cooks. In mixing bowl, combine red pepper, basil, oregano, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper with the ground chuck. Once mixed, divide into six parts and form into patties.
3. Place patties on med-high heat, using sauce to baste burgers–which you will continue to do as the burgers cook. Cook each burger approximately 3 to 4 minutes on direct heat, or until grill marks appear, and then move to indirect heat until each reaches medium temperature.
4. While the burgers cook, combine butter and garlic and spread onto the slices pieces of Italian bread. Place on grill to lightly toast as burgers are almost done.
toss the mushrooms in the olive oil then sautee in grill sautee pan.
5. Once burgers, bread, and mushrooms are done–it is time to build your burger! For each burger, on the bottom of the bread, place roasted red pepper, then burger, cheese, 1/6th of the mushrooms, prosciutto, mayonnaise and top with the garlic-toasted bread.