chiang mai thai burgers
* 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon Thai red chili powder
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
* 1/4 cup Sutter Home chardonnay wine
* 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, for brushing on the grill rack
* 6 good-quality onion rolls, split
* 6 slices tomatoes
* 6 lettuce leafs
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt, Thai red chili powder, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, chopped onion, chopped green pepper & chardonnay wine n a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 6 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with olive oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once until done to preference, 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
To assemble the burgers, place a grilled patty, followed by tomatoe slice & lettuce leaf to bun bottom. Add the top bun and serve.
Makes 6 burgers