1 large loaf focaccia bread, cut into 6 pieces and then cut horizontally
6 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. In a large bowl pour buttermilk over bread crumbs. Let sit 5-10 minutes or until buttermilk is absorbed.
2. Add remaining patty ingredients to the bread crumb mixture. Shape into six 6-ounce patties.
3. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until browned on one side about 4-5 minutes. Flip over and add marinara and wine to skillet. Top each patty with mozarella, cover with a lid and continue to cook 5-6 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop mounds of Parmesan cheese (1 tablespoon per mound) onto mat, spreading each mound about 3″ wide and spacing at least 1″ apart.
5. Bake cheese until light brown and melted, 5-6 minutes (check occasionally while baking so it won’t turn too brown). Remove sheet from oven and let frico cool completely.
6. Turn oven temperature to broil. Spread butter on the insides of focaccia bread. place on baking sheet, butter side up and toast in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until browned.
7. To assemble, spread warmed marinara on bottom bread, top with patty, basil, 2 fricos, and top bread. Repeat for all burgers.