Chile Relleno Burger With Queso Blanco
- – 16 Ounces ground chorizo
- – 10 Ounces ground beef
- – 1/2 Cup small dice green chilies (Anaheim or Hatch Chilies)
- – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- – 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- – 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- – 8 Ounces of queso asadero (Mexican white melting cheese)
- – 6 torta rolls
- – 6 whole shell eggs
- – 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1.) In a large mixing bowl combine the ground chorizo, ground beef, small dice green chilies, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and chili powder.
- 2.) Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated but not overly mixed.
- 3.) Cover the mixture and place in the fridge for 10 minutes for all of the ingredients to marinate together. Make sure that the mixture stays below 41 degrees Fahrenheit at all times.
- 4.) Remove the mixture from the fridge and form the patties into 4.5 Ounces patties using a scoop to ensure consistency.
- 5.) Flatten the burgers with a clean and sanitized spatula and add 1.5 Ounces of queso asadero to into the middle of each patty.
- 6.) Roll the burgers around the cheese into fist sized balls so to ensure that the cheese is completely surrounded by the burger and none will leak out during the cooking process.
- 7.) Grill the burgers on a charcoal grill on high heat for 2 minutes then rotate them 90 degrees.
- 8.) Grill for another 2 minutes then flip the burgers
- 9.) While the burgers are cooking on the grill sear off each egg (6 total) on a skillet that you have heated on the grill.
- 10.) Once the eggs reach a desired doneness remove them from the pan onto a plate to rest until your burgers have reached the final cooking temperature.
- 11.) Grill for two minutes and then rotate them 90 degrees.
- 12.) Once the burgers reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit remove them from the grill to rest for three minutes.
- 13.) While the burgers are resting sear off your torta rolls in the skillet that you used to cook the eggs in.
- 14.) When your torta rolls are golden brown top one burger on each bun.
- 15.) Top the burgers with a sunny side up egg and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- 16.) Serve and enjoy with friends, family, and loved ones.