Cowboy Cole Slaw Burger
1 Cup Brown Sugar
5 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
4 Tbsp Paprika
2 lbs ground beef
2 Tbsp butter
6 Slices Smoked Gouda
6 onion Buns
6 Tbl Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
1/2 lb your favorite homemade or store bought coleslaw
1. In a bowl whisk together brown sugar, Montreal steak seasoning, and paprika.
2. In another bowl combine ground beef with 1 Cup of the brown sugar mixture. Knead together so that spices are evenly distributed throughout the meat. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinade.
3. After the meat has marinaded for 30 minutes make into 6 equal 1/3 lb burgers. Make a pocket in the center of each burger and place 1/3 Tbsp of butter in each and seal over with meat so that the butter is hidden in the middle of the patty. Rub the remaining brown sugar mixture onto the outside of the burgers.
4. Pre-heat your grill to a medium high heat. When the desired temperature has been reached place your burgers on the grill. Depending on the heat of the grill you will cook the burgers from 6-8 minutes per side for a medium burger.
5. After you have turned the burgers for the first time cook for 3 to five minutes and add the 1 slice of smoked Gouda to each burger for the final 2-3 minutes of cooking.
6. Also in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking spread 1/2 Tbsp of Miracle Whip on each side of your onion buns. Place the buns on the grill Miracle whip side down to toast.
7. Remove the burgers to a plate and cover with tin foil until ready to plate. It is important the the burger be allowed to rest for a couple of minutes prior to eating. This allows the juices to find their way back out to the edges of the meat.
8. To assemble place one burger on a bottom bun piece. Using and ice cream scooper place about 2/3 of a scoop of coleslaw on top of burger. Top off with the top bun and enjoy