Datilles con Bacon Hamburguesas
Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Mayo
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1 6-ounce jar roasted red peppers, well drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup chopped Manzanilla olives
- 2 drops TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce
Goat Cheese With Medjool Dates Spread
- 8 ounces best-quality goat cheese, such as Redwood Hill Farms
- 1/4 cup chopped medjool dates (about 5 large)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 slices pepper bacon
- 1 tablespoon saffron threads
- 1/4 cup Sutter Home White Zinfandel
- 4 ounces mild chorizo, casing removed
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, preferably gray salt
- Vegetable oil for brushing on the grill rack
- 6 slices Manchego cheese
- 6 Kaiser rolls, split
- 6 pieces iceberg lettuce
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the mayo, place the mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor. Add the peppers and mix for 5 seconds. Add the olives and Tabasco. Cover and refrigerate.
To make the spread, stir the cheese until slightly softened. Add the dates and parsley. Cover and refrigerate.
Place the bacon on a double sheet of aluminum foil and cook on the grill until crisp. Cut each strip into 2 pieces. Wrap in foil to retain heat and set aside.
To make the patties, bloom the saffron in the wine in a mixing bowl. Add the chorizo and chuck. Chop the garlic with the salt until it forms a crumbly paste. Add to the wine and meat mixture. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form the portions into patties to fit the rolls.
Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and grill until browned on the bottoms, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the patties and continue grilling until done to medium, about 5 minutes. During the final few minutes of cooking, add the cheese to the patties. Lightly toast the rolls on the rack.
To assemble the burgers, place a generous amount of the mayo on the roll bottoms and spread the goat cheese-date mixture on the roll tops. Add the lettuce, patties, bacon, roll tops and serve.