Double Beef Camembert Burgers
1 1/2 lb. 93% lean ground beef
2 T. merlot
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. garlic powder
1 meduim red onion
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. 100% fruit apricot spread
8 oz. wheel camembert cheese
12 slices deli roast beef
6 whole wheat hamburger buns
1. Place ground beef in large bowl. Add wine, Worcestershire, and garlic powder. Using hands, mix well. Form into 6 patties, approximately 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
2. Preheat gas grill to 350 degrees Farenheit.
3. Cut onion in half, peel off outer paper, and thinly slice into half-moons.
4. Cut piece of aluminum foil approximately 12″X18″. Drizzle about 2 t. olive oil over center of foil. Spread onions in center of foil. Dot onions with 2 T. apricot spread, then drizzle remaining teaspoon olive oil over onions and apricot spread. Bring short sides of foil together, fold over twice, pressing down in center, and then fold edges in twice to make a sealed packet.
5. While cheese is cold, use paring knife to remove rind from edge of cheese. (Do not worry about rind on top and bottom of cheese wheel.) Cut into 6 even pie-shaped triangles, then cut each triangle in half crosswise to make a total of 12 pie-shaped wedges of cheese. Let sit at room temperature while continuing with recipe.
6. Place patties on center of grill. Place onion packet on top rack of grill. Grill burger patties on one side for 7 minutes. Flip and grill for an additional 7 minutes. Place 2 slices deli roast beef on each patty, and grill for an additional 2 minutes to heat roast beef through.
7. Remove burgers and onion packet to a plate. Place one burger each on a hamburger bun, top with apricot glazed onions and 2 pieces of camembert cheese. Place top of bun on burger and enjoy!