Feta Forentine Burgers with Frizzled Prosciutto on Parmesean Toasted Ciabatta
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
8 Tbsp. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1/2 cup white onion finely chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
1 cup white mushrooms, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced prosciutto
2 1/2 lbs. ground sirloin
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tsp. salt
vegetable oil for grill rack
6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese 1/4 inch thick
6 ciabatta rolls, split
1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
6 Tbsp. fresh grated parmesean cheese
3 cups mesculun greens
1) Preheat a gas grill to medium high heat.
2) Place mayonnaise and sun dried tomatoes into a small bowl; mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3) Place 2 Tbsp. of the 8 Tbsp. of Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a large 12 inch oven proof skillet. When grill is ready, place skillet on grill. When oil is hot add onion, bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add spinach leaves and cook for another 3 minutes or until spinach has wilted down. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
4) Place 2 Tbsp. of remaining 6 Tbsp. of Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil ointo same skillet and place on grill. When grill is hot, add prosciutto. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until well crisped. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain, set aside.
5) Add sirloin, feta cheese and salt to large bowl of cooked vegetables. With hands or large spoon gently mix well, handling the meat as little as possible to prevent compacting meat. Form into 6 equal size patties.
6) When grill is ready, brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on grill, cover and cook for 4 minutes, until bottom is brown. With spatula, turn over patties, and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until done to your preference (internal temperature of 160 degrees F). During the last few minutes of grilling, top patties with a slice of mozzarella cheese until melted. Lightly brush cut sides of ciabatta rolls with remaining 4 Tbsp. of Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Rub cut sides of garlic over inside of rolls then sprinkle and press with parmesean cheese. Place rolls, cut side down, on outer edges of grill to toast lightly.
7) Spread sun dried tomato mayonnaise on insides of warm toasted ciabatta. Layer bottom rolls with divided mesclun greens, a burger and divided frizzled prosciutto. Top with remaining rolls, serve and enjoy!