Fillet Mignon Burgers with Baby Bellas
Seasoned Butter Spread
· 1 ¼ sticks of butter (10 Tbsp), softened
· 2 small cloves fresh garlic, pressed
· 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
· 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Baby Bella Topping
· 4 baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced thin
· 1 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
· 2 ounces Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 2 teaspoons A-1 Sauce
· 2 pounds ground chuck
· 1 ½ tablespoons A-1 Sauce
· 2 teaspoons McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning
· 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
· 6 strips of bacon
· ½ cup Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
· Vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
· Toothpicks to secure bacon
· 6 Kaiser rolls, split
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the seasoned butter spread, in mixing bowl combine butter, garlic, chives and pepper. Set aside.
To make the baby Bella topping, slice baby Portabella mushrooms thin. In a fireproof skillet combine garlic, Cabernet Sauvignon, butter, and A-1 sauce. Add mushrooms. Set aside.
To make the patties, combine the chuck, A-1 Sauce, Montreal Steak seasoning and salt in a large bowl. Combine well, handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it. Form into 6 patties large enough to fit the Kaiser roll and approximately ½” thick, refrigerate until ready to grill.
Brush the grill rack with oil, place bacon on grill at 45-degree angle, cook for 5 minutes, remove before bacon starts to turn crispy. Transfer to paper towel to drain. When cool enough to touch, wrap patties with bacon, securing with toothpicks.
Place the patties on the grill, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once and basting often with the Cabernet Sauvignon. Place fireproof skillet with baby Bella topping on grill, cook 5 to 7 minutes or until it reaches the smoking point and mushrooms are tender. During the last few minutes of cooking, lightly coat the cut side of the Kaiser Rolls with seasoned butter spread then place roll’s cut sides down on the outer edges or upper rack of the grill to toast lightly.
To assemble the burgers, on bottom half of the Kaiser roll, liberally top with remaining seasoned butter spread. Place a patty on each roll bottom and cover with equal portions of the baby Bella topping, straining off extra juice. Add the Kaiser tops and enjoy.
Makes 6 burgers