Grandma’s Meat Loaf Burger
- Serves six hamburgers. 1 1/2 Pounds of ground beef;
- 1 Cup of round buttery cracker crumbs;
- 1/3 Cup of milk;
- 1/4 Cup of chopped onions;
- 1/4 Cup of ketchup;
- 1 table spoon of Worcestershire sauce;
- 1 egg;
- salt and pepper.
- Meat sauce recipe:
- 8 1/4 can of crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained;
- 1/2 Cup of ketchup with onions; 2 table spoons of brown sugar;
- 2 table spoons of corn starch;
- Heat oven to 350 degrees;
- In a large bowl combine all meat loaf ingredients; mix well; In an ungreased 13×9 inch pan form mixture into a 9×4 inch loaf; Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes;
- In a small sauce pan, combine all sauce ingredients; mix well; Cook over medium heat until the mixture boils and thickens; stirring frequently; Spread sauce on top of meat loaf; bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes; Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 meat loaf hamburger paddy sized servings; Put each paddy into a bun for a total of six. Add additional ingredients to your liking.
- I like to add sharp cheddar cheese. Raw onion slices. Slice tomatoes. spinach leaf’s, then a sprinkle of the wine of your choice over the hamburger toppings. A great recipe. Dig in.