Gute Braten Burger With Onion Topping
- Burgers –
- 1 1/2 Poundground beef, 6 burger-size soft potato rolls, 1 large egg (fork beaten), 3/4 Cup crushed gingersnap cookies, 2/3 Cup purchased jarred au jus gravcy, 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Topping –
- 1-2 large red onions (enough to provide 6 1/4 slices), 2/3 Cup jarred purchased au jus gravy, 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons Sutter Home Gewurztraminer
- About 45 minutes before serving, prepare onion topping.
- Cut 6 1/4 ” slices red onion & separate into rings.
- Combine remaining topping ingredients in a grill safe sauce pan.
- Place pan on grill until mixture is almost boiling; add onion rings & reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from grill to let mixture cool.
- Comboine all burger ingredientsw except beef & rolls in a large bowl.
- Crumble in beef.
- Using hands mix thoroughly just until combined.
- Divide mixture evcenly into 6 patties.
- Grill burgers on the oiled rack of a covered grill 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach desired doneness (160 degrees foro medium),
- Place cooked patties on split potato rolls.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide cooled onion topping mixture among the burgers.
- Serve with chilldred Sutter Home Gewurztraminer.