Inside Out (Stuffed ) Chocolate Pulled Pork Burger
- 5 Pounds 80% lean ground beef makes 6-8
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzerella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 1 Cup pre pulled pork or sub bacon diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 potato hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus extra for toasting buns
- 1 Cup chocolate barbecue sauce
- 2 table spoon of puree celery
- 2 table spoon puree onions
- For 6 burgers, puree celery and onions add to ground beef along with salt and pepper divide the beef into eight 3-ounce portions. Shape into balls. Place each ball between two sheets of waxed paper. Using a flat-bottomed plate or pan, press meat into -inch-thick patties at least 4 inches across.
- Leave the patties between the paper, using new paper for each.
- To fill a burger, peel the top sheet off a patty. Top the meat with one-fourth of the mozzerella cheese and add the pulled pork that has been doused in chocolate sauce
- leaving a 1/2-inch border. Peel the top sheet from another patty, flip it over the filling, and peel off the second paper. Press meat edges to seal. Then, using the bottom paper, fold the edge upward to create a uniformly thick patty. Give the patty a final quick shaping in your hands to be sure everything is compact and well-sealed.
- Cook: Either cast iron or grill,
- Cook burgers for 18 to 22 minutes or until done (160 degrees ), turning once.
- Serve topped with barbecue sauce and fried onions