Lamb Burger With Rosemary Shallot Wine Sauce
- 1 Pound- 1Pound1/2 of ground lamb mixed with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 Cup seasoned bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- blue cheese, carmelized onions – 2 tablespoons of butter and one teaspoon of brown sugar
- rosemary shallot wine sauce –
- 1 table spoon minced shallots,
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary, 1 tablespoons of olive oil (to saute shallots and rosemary), 1/2 Cup beef broth, 2 Teaspoons of flour, black pepper, one tablespoon of butter, one Cup of Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
- White bun – toasted
- Garlic powder mixed with melted butter for top of bun
- Mix burger ingredients in a bowl with ground lamb and form patties. Grill until desired cooking level (I cooked mine medium-rare). Brush buns with garlic butter mix and toast in oven at 350 for 10 minutes. Saute onions in butter and brown sugar until carmelized. Top burgers with blue cheese on grill and let melt, add carmelized onions.
- Rosemary Shallot Sauce:
- Saute shallots and rosemary in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Bring beef broth and red wine to a boil, stir in butter, shallots and rosemary. Sir in black pepper. Once sauce has been brought to a boil, add flour and stir for a few minutes. Bring heat back down to medium-low. Cover and serve over burgers once burgers are prepared.