Las Vegas Boulevard Burger
- 2 Pounds. Lean Ground beef 90/10
- 6 each Potato Buns
- 1 lb.. Smoked Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 bunch Spinach approx 12Ounces
- 3 oz Unsalted butter softened
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 ea. .66 oz Package fresh Chives finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup plus 1.5 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cracked Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 3 ea. 12 in. Sheets Aluminum Foil
- Preheat Grill to 400 F. On a clean work surface layout 3 sheets of aluminum foil. Place baby potatoes on 1 sheet of foil, coat potatoes with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place 1 sheet of foil on top and fold the edges to create a packet. Give the packet a good shake to ensure potatoes are well coated.
- In the other sheet of foil place the head of Garlic in the center and coat with remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Fold up garlic into a small packet. Place both on the grill and close the lid. Cook potatoes for 22 min. with lid closed then flip packet over and cook for another 22 minutes. Remove garlic packet after 30 minutes,
- open and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Portion burgers into six 6 Ounces patties and season each with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Leave burgers at room temperature lightly covered with paper towels until ready to grill. Mix sour cream with 1 tablespoon of cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon of sea salt and hold covered at room temperature until ready to build burgers. Take about 4-5 garlic cloves and remove the skin. Using the back of a knife mash the garlic on a cutting board until well mashed. Add 1 Tablespoon of mashed garlic to softened butter. Add 1 Tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves to butter garlic mixture and hold.
- Add Chopped bacon to an oven proof saute pan, add 1/2 Cup of water and place on grill. Keep top of grill closed and cook bacon for 15 min. Open top of grill and stir well. Most of the water will be evaporated and fat rendered. You will need to stir frequently at this point and cook for another 10 minutes until bacon is crispy. Remove from grill and let rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain bacon fat into a glass or non reactive bowl. Place pacing on paper towels to drain. Place 1/2 lemon on grill flesh side down and grill for 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool for a minute or two. Mix 1/2 Cup of warm bacon fat and grilled lemon juice. Make sure spinach is washed and pour warm bacon fat lemon mixture over spinach to slightly wilt. Cover and hold until ready to build burger. Remove potatoes and let rest while you grill burgers. Keep top open and grill burgers 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove burgers and let rest. While burgers are resting brush with garlic thyme butter to coat the top. Approximately
- 1 teaspoon for each burger. Brush the inside of each bun with butter mixture and a light brush on the outside of the top bun. Turn grill off and place buns on grill for 3 minutes. Mash potatoes with a fork and mix 1/2 Cup of cracked pepper sour cream and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- To build burgers place about a 1/4 Cup of spinach on bottom of bun. Give burgers one last lift brush of butter mixture then place on top of spinach. Top burger with approximately 1/4 Cup of baked potato mixture. Top potatoes with chives and bacon. Smear 1 Tablespoon of cracked pepper sour cream on inside of top bun and place on top of your burgers.