Loaded Mighty Moe Burgers With “Secret Sauce”
* 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon hot sauce
* 1/2 cup catsup
* 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
* 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
* 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
* 2 chopped hard boiled eggs
* 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
* 2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
* 12 slices American cheese
* 6 (1/4-inch) tomato slices
* 12 slices pre-cooked bacon
* 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
* 6 Kaiser rolls, split
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
To make the “Secret Sauce”, stir the 7 ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
To make the patties, combine the ground chuck with the salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 12 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once until done to preference, 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the “Secret Sauce” over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a grilled patty, followed by an American cheese slice, another burger, another cheese slice, a tomato slice, 2 slices of bacon and a Bibb lettuce leaf. Add the top bun and serve.