6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, keep very cold
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
1 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon ground peppercorns
Mango Sriracha Coleslaw:
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce, add more if desire more heat
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 of 14 Ounces bag coleslaw mix (7 Ounces) or (1/4 head of white cabbage, 1/8 head of red cabbage, 1/2 carrot)
2 mangos, peeled and diced
1 Cup vegetable oil
2 Teaspoons flour
3 large shallots
1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 garlic clove, mashed
1/4 Cup mayonnaise
1/4 Cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
6 toasted sesame seed buns
6 slices Havarti cheese
6 leaves butter lettuce
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Make beef patties. Mix ingredients until just blended. Divide meat into six 6-ounce portions. Lightly flatten into patties 3/4-inch thick. Gently press center of patties down until about 1/2-inch thick, creating a slight depression in each patty; Stick in the freezer until butter is firm.
3. Make the coleslaw by whisking all ingredients together in a medium bowl, except the veggies and mangos. Mix veggies and mangos into sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. For the shallots, peel and slice into thin strips. Toss with flour. In a large skillet, heat oil to 360 degrees F. Carefully add shallots and fry until browned and crispy about 5-7 minutes. Occasionally stir to make sure shallot cook evenly. Remove shallots with a slotted spoon and lay on a plate lined with paper towels.
5. Grill patties, until well seared on first side. Flip burgers and continue grilling until desired doneness. Add cheese to patty during the last minute of grill time.
6. Toast buns on the grill 1-2 minutes until lightly brown.
7. While grilling the meat, make the aioli by mixing salt and garlic in a small bowl until it forms a paste. Stir in remaining ingredients.
8. Build burger. Spread 1 tablespoon aioli on top and bottom bun. Top the bottom bun with lettuce, a patty, 1/3 Cup coleslaw, 1/4 Cup shallots, and top bun. Repeat for all 6 burgers.