Marissa Allen’s Candied Bacon Cheeseburgers
BBQ Candied Bacon
- 10 slices of thick cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef (80/20)
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Weber® Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- 1 Pack of brioche hamburger buns
- 10 slices of deli cut cheddar cheese
- Canola oil for brushing the grill
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter for brushing on hamburger buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 6 pieces of romaine lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 baker’s rack for cooking bacon
To make BBQ candied bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a baker’s rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Lay slices of bacon on rack.
- Season bacon with burger seasoning and brown sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Lightly brush BBQ sauce on bacon and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
To make sautéed onions
- Thinly slice yellow onion. Add to skillet with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
To make patties
- Gently divide meat into 5 equal portions.
- Season formed patties with kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and Gourmet Burger seasoning.
- Place burgers on flat grill or flat top.
- Sear on both sides and cook till medium. Approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Add 2 slices of cheddar cheese on top of the burger and cook till just melted. Remove from the grill.
- While the burgers finish cooking, brush the brioche buns with melted butter and toast directly on the grill. Don’t let the buns burn!
To assemble burgers
- Place burger on toasted bottom bun.
- Add 2 slices of bacon crosswise. Top with a spoonful of sautéed onions.
- Add a slice of crisp of lettuce, tomato and top with the other bun.
- Serve immediately.
Check out all of Marissa’s tasty homemade recipe here: https://firstandfull.com