Middle Eastern Fusion Burger with Grilled Corn Relish
1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
1 white onion grated
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons Mexican-style chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
3 ears Indiana corn
1 small red bell pepper
1 small Serrano pepper
1 small red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper for seasoning
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 chipotle peppers in adobo
6 lobster rolls or hoagie buns
1) Mix beef, onion, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, cinnamon, garlic powder, cilantro, and salt in a food processor for 10 seconds until smooth and thoroughly combined. Place in bowl and chill for 1 hour.
2) Heat gas grill to high heat. Remove husks and silks from corn and grill directly on heat until charred on all sides. About 5 to 10 minutes depending on heat and size of corn.
3) While corn cools, chop red onion, bell pepper, Serrano, and cilantro. Cut corn off cob and add to bowl of chopped veggies. Season with salt and pepper and add juice of lemon and olive oil.
4) Chop chipotles finely and add to mayonnaise, mix well and set aside.
5) Divide beef mixture into 6 portions. Using 6 metal skewers, form a large sausage shaped patty around skewer. Place skewers on well-oiled, high heat grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, metal skewers will be hot.
6) While skewers cool slightly, cut lobster rolls or hoagie buns half way leaving a hinge on one side. Smear about a tablespoon of chipotle mayo on inside of bun. Grab a skewer, placing burger in bun and remove metal skewer. Top with about 1/4 cup of grilled corn relish and serve.