Momma’s Mediterranean Burger
6 oz plain Greek yogurt (drained)
1/2 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and quartered
1 tsp olive oil
3 Tbs sour cream
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp seal salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 pounds 75% lean ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup pitted, diced clamata olives
1 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
6 hamburger buns
1. To drain yogurt, place cheese cloth over strainer. Pour Greek yogurt over cheese cloth and let drain for 20 minutes.
2. In food processor, mix drained yogurt, cucumber, olive oil, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, oregano and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
3. Pour into small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve with Mediterranean burgers.
4. Preheat gas grill on medium high heat.
5. In medium bowl add ground beef, onion, olives, feta cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix with your hands until well blended.
6. Divide hamburger mixture into six equal pieces and form into patties.
7. Cook patties on grill (at medium high heat) for approximately 4 1/2 – 5 minutes on each side (for hamburgers cooked to medium).
8. Place cooked hamburgers on bottom bun, top with cucumber sauce, and place top of bun on burger.