Mom’s Best Burger
1 1/2 pounds Ground Chuck
1 1/2 cups frozen tator tots, thawed
1 .87 oz pkg Brown Gravy mix
1 1/2 T. all purpose season salt
2 T Buter
1 LB sliced mushrooms
1 c. Heavy Cream
2 c. Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 t. salt
2 t. fresh cracked black pepper
1 1/2 c French fried onions
6 Bakery Fresh Buns
1. Prepare a med-hot fire in charcoal grill
2. Mix ground beef with tator tots and gravy mix. Form into six patties. Sprinkle the outsides with seasoning salt.
3. Grill covered on each side for approx. 4 minutes.
4. Remove burgers from grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
5. On the grill in a grill proof deep skillet, melt the butter.
6. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and starting to brown. Approx. 7 minutes.
7. Add the heavy cream and stir frequently until reduced and will coat a spoon. Approx 8-10 minutes.
8. Add the salt, pepper and the cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat.
9. To assemble burgers, cut buns in half. On bottom half place one burger pattie, topped with cheese sauce, followed by the onions. Place on top bun. Serve.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes