Mongolian Rib Eye Burger Sliders topped with Warm Asian BBQ Vegetable Slaw
With my love for Asian cuisine and the trend of sliders, I though to infuse the two together, and it proved to be a success.
Warm Vegetable Slaw with Asian BBQ Sauce
• 1/2 Head Napa Cabbage, fine julienne
• 1/2 green pepper , fine julienne
• 1/2 red bell pepper, fine julienne
• 12 peapods, fine julienne
• 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
• 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
• 1/4 cup bottled Kikkoman Teriyaki Garlic Sauce
• 1/2 tablespoon Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
• 2 pounds choice rib-eye steak – (freshly ground using Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer/meat
grinder attachment – Coarsely Ground)
• 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
• 3 ounces Kikkoman soy sauce
• 3 ounces Sutter Home Chardonnay Wine
• 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
• 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, small diced
• 1/2 cup red onion, small diced
• 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing grill rack
• 18 King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, split
Preheat gas grill to medium-high and place non-stick sauté pan on grill to heat up.
To make the slaw, combine the Napa cabbage, red and green pepper, and pea pods in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap set aside. In another bowl combine hoisin sauce, lime juice, orange juice, teriyaki garlic sauce and sambal chili paste and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for basting, while grilling.
To make slider patties, grind the rib eye steak using your kitchen aid coarse grind attachment. Place in large bowl and add sesame oil, soy sauce, Sutter Home Chardonnay, garlic, ginger, jalapeno pepper and red onion, mix to combine, while handling as little as possible. Shape into 18 equal patties.