Mouthwatering Satisfying Garlic Zucchini Potato Cheesy Sliders
After starting seeds in the house under lights back in March for my garden it is here mid-August and my garden only produced a few vegetables. Today I picked my third zucchini! And although my plants were lying mysteriously flat on the ground the zucchini was beautiful. I was very eager to incorporate it into a meat free burger.
6 cups zucchini shredded
2 garlic shredded or chopped fine
1 tbsp. pure sesame oil
1 tbsp. Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce (optional but recommended)
1 3/4 cups panko bread crumbs Italian style
4 oz. four cheese instant potatoes
Â½ cup (equals 24 tsp.) Colavita Olive Oil
5.3 oz. Merlot Bellivitano Cheese (supermarket specialty cheese section) shredded
12 Kingâ€™s Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls
3 vine ripe red tomatoes (same circumference as rolls)
Reynoldsâ€™s brand Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
1. In a large bowl mix together zucchini, garlic, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce, bread crumbs and instant potatoes by hand until blended well. Allow to rest.
2. Slice tomato into Â¼ inch circles and shred cheese.
3. Light grill and preheat to high with lid down.
4. Pull off 18 inches aluminum foil, lie on a sheet pan, poke holes through entire surface and cover shinny surface with 12 tsp. olive oil.
5. Form 12 slider veggie burgers and place gently on the 12 oiled spots on foil. Slide foil off sheet pan and onto grill. Cook opened for 8 minutes. A little more time may be necessary if itâ€™s really cold out, a little less if really hot out!
6. With a spatula you lift each slider up to flip, put one teaspoon olive oil in exact cooking spot to prevent sticking and add flavor. Put each slider on oiled spot. Cook 8 more minutes.
7. Slide foil back on sheet pan and allow cooling a little before placing on rolls.
8. Assemble burgers by placing about Â½ oz. cheese on each and Â¼ inch slice of tomato. They can be served hot or cold.