1 Large Tomato (sliced)
1 Cucumber (skin & sliced)
1 Red Onion (sliced)
2 Tbsp oregano
3 Tbsp Lemon juice
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup of Feta Cheese crumbles
12 Pitas (non-pocket)
2.5 lbs of Ground Chuck
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tbsp lemon zest (minced)
12 tbsp Pine Nut Hummus (store bought)
1. Preheat grill
2. Slice Tomato
3. Skin & Slice Cucumber
4. Slice Red Onion
5. Place in a bowl
6. In a small bowl, whisk 1 Tbsp Oregano, Lemon juice & Olive Oil.
7. Pour over tomato, cucumber and red onion. Add 4 oz of feta cheese. Place lids on the bowl and set a side to use later.
8. Cut the pita in the right sides. Take a 4 inch circle cookie cutter and cut 12 circle out of the pita bread.
9. Combine ground chuck, salt, pepper, garlic, Lemon Zest & 1 Tbsp of Oregano (set a side the remaining 1 Tbsp) Mix inregients thoroughly.
10. Make 12 – 3oz patties (Hamburger press work the best)
11. Divide remaining Feta cheese into 6 – 2 tbsp portions.
12. Roll each 2 tbsp portions into a ball and flatten.
13. Place the 6 portions of Feta cheese on a pattie.
14. Cover the patties w/feta with a pattie w/out feta and press the edges together to prevent the cheese from leeking out.
15. Place burgers on the grill. close lid for 3 mins and flip, cut a small hole in the top of the burger, close lid for 3 mins or until the burgers temp. reaches 160 degree fahrenheit.
16. While burgers are grill perpare the buns and plates.
17. take the 12 Tsbp of hummus and spread 1 tbsp on each side of the bun.
18. Place a silce of red onion, 4 silces of cucumber and 1-2 silces of tomato on the hummus side of the top pita.
19. Remove from the grill once 160 degree fahrenheit.
20. Place 1 one burger on the bottom peice of the pita for each burger. Place a toothpick in each pita.
21. Plate and serve.