Napoletana Burgers With Fiery Basil Ketchup
- Spicy Roasted Garlic Ketchup
- 1 buPoundof garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1/4 Cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto di Parma
- 6 frozen angus beef burgers
- 6 Brioche rolls, lightly toasted
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cut into slices
- 1 Cup shredded crisp romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 Cup julienne basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Slice the top off the garlic buPoundand place garlic onto a foil square. Drizzle buPoundwith the oil and season with the salt. Wrap the buPoundloosely in the foil and place on the grill and roast for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic into a medium bowl, stir in the ketchup, basil and chili paste; set aside.
- Place the Parmigiano cheese in the bowl of a small food processor. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on aluminum foil and place on the grill; cook until prosciutto is crisp. When cool enough to handle crumble into the bowl with the Parmigiano cheese and pulse until well combined.
- Pour cheese mixture into a medium bowl.
- Grill the patties 4 minutes per side, seasoning with salt and adding a cheese slice during the last 2 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers evenly divide the ketchup between the bottom half of each roll. Top the ketchup with the lettuce followed by the basil, evenly dividing. Place a patty cheese side up on top of the lettuce and basil then sprinkle with the prosciutto cheese mixture, evenly dividing. Top with remaining roll halves.
- Makes 6 burgers. Pair with Sutter Home Cabernet.