Portobello Parmesan Turkey Burger
- Buns are 12 Portobello mushroom caps 5-6 inches in size (2 caps, 6 oz at 40 calories).
- 1.5 Pounds of fresh ground turkey breast lean (one 4oz turkey patty 128
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic or 1/4 Teaspoon granulated (1 calorie ea. Patty).
- 1 small onion or 1/3 Cup (5 calories ea. Patty).
- 1/2 Medium sweet-pepper or 1/3 Cup (4 calories ea. Patty).
- 1/2 Cup of seasoned bread crumbs (18 calories ea. Patty).
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (1 calorie ea. For bun mushroom caps).
- 1 large egg white (3 calories ea. Patty).
- Parmesan cheese fat-free 1 Tablespoonsea. (19 calories ea. patty).
- 1 large 1/8 inch tomato slice (6 calories ea patty).
- Kale or lettuce (6 calories ea. Patty).
- Non-stick cooking spray oil (butter flavor) for the grill and mushroom caps (0 calories)
- 1. Mince 2 cloves of garlic, small onion grated, and half of a medium sweet-pepper finely chopped, or spice it up with your favorite hot pepper.
- 2. Combine 1.5 Pounds fresh lean ground turkey breast with 1/2 Cup of seasoned bread crumbs,
- minced garlic, small onion grated, half of a chopped sweet-pepper and one large egg-white mix thoroughly and place in the fridge to combine the flavors.
- 3. Gently clean 12 Portobello 5 inch mushroom caps. trim off the stem, trim inside edge flat. Spray cooking oil or rub with olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper.
- 4. Grill, preheat medium-high 300 degrees F, lightly oil grate with paper towel for mushroom caps. Roast caps for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender. Remove from grill and place mushroom caps inside down onto doubled-up paper towels to let moisture drain and let cool.
- 5. Make 6 equal patties of the well-combined turkey mixture about 5 oz each burger uncooked.
- 6. Lightly oil using a paper towel the 300-degree grill again, place burgers on grate flipping once after 4-5 min. Flip and cook the other side 4-5 min. to well-done 165 degrees F inside temperature using a meat thermometer.
- 7. Sprinkle on top of each burger 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Serve dressed with lettuce and tomato slices between two grilled Portobello mushroom buns, at 231 calories each Portobello Parmesan Turkey burger. Add a Mixed green salad 3/4 Cup 17 calories and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar at 28 calories for a total of 45 calories.
- 8. Pair with a glass of Sutter Home Pinot Grigio at 114 calories. Who say’s eating Healthy doesn’t taste great! Under 350 to 400 calories total, including your glass of fine Sutter Home wine!