Ridiculously Delicious Veggie Burger
- 1 c. cooked lentils
- 1 c. ground walnuts (to economize, you may use ground sunflower seeds)
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats, bread crumbs or Panko.
- 2 T. dried minced onions (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and let chill for 15-30 minutes. Form into patties. Brush or spray pan with oil, and fry on each side until brown. Or use a grill pan to cook on the grill. Enjoy with your favorite condiments, and feel very virtuous because this burger is so healthy! I use onions and jalapenos but you can add any finely minced vegetable that you like.