Satay Burger with Spicy Asian Slaw on Coco bread
2 lbs ground sirloin or chuck
2 Tbsp dried herbs
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp ground ginger
peanut or olive oil
3 Tbsp cayenne pepper or red chili flakes
4 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 Tbsp peanut butter ( chunky)
juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp dark rum
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp brown sugar
1 head of napa cabbage
1 carrot shaved
1 Tbsp yellow curry powder
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 (3-in) ginger grated
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
fresh mint sprig
2 minced Thai bird’s eye chilies
1/2 cup yellow and red pepper thinly sliced
6 Jamaican Coco bread Buns
1. Start by making the coco-peanut butter marinate. Mix the Coconut milk, chunky peanut butter, onion, garlic, rum, ground ginger, brown sugar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper in a bowl until well blended.
2. Work into the meat, along with dried herbs, panko breadcrumbs,coco flakes and some mint sprigs, some cilantro. Form into patties. Set aside.
3. Work on the Asian slaw. Thinly slice the veggies( cabbage, carrot, ginger, peppers, cilantro, mint, green onions. Set Aside.
4. Put the remaining in the blender to form the dressing(creamy peanut butter, curry powder, sesame oil, lime, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger)
5. Toss with veggies set aside
6. Prep your grill.
7. Brush the grill racks with oil.
8.Brush the burger with oil as well. Cook them to your temperature liking. Melt the cheese.
9. Assembly is pretty simple. Toast the buns. slice and layer on the good stuff.