Sloppy-Good Pad Thai Burgers
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 Cup fish sauce
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce, divided
- 2 Cups chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for brushing on the grill
- 3/4 Cup snow peas
- 3/4 Cup sliced onion
- 1 1/2 Cups bean sprouts
- 2 carrot, top removed, pared and julienned
- 2 Cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 Cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Pounds ground sirloin
- 6 potato sandwich rolls, sliced across
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1. Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. In a medium bowl, stir mayonnaise, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, 1 Cup chunky peanut butter and 1 1/2 Teaspoons black sesame seeds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. Heat oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the grill. Add snow peas, onion, bean sprouts, carrots, mushrooms and green onions. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until onions and mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, remaining 1 1/2 Teaspoons sesame seeds, peanuts and cilantro. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4. Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil.
- 5. In a large bowl, gently mix the ground sirloin, remaining 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce and 1 Cup peanut butter. Form into 6 patties to fit the rolls. Place the patties on the grill rack. Cover and cook, turning once, for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the roll halves, cut-side-down, on the outer edge of the grill rack to toast lightly for the last 2 minutes of grilling. Place cheese slices on the patties for the last minute of grilling time.
- 6. To assemble the burgers, place spinach onto roll bottoms. Cover spinach with the cheese topped burgers. Overload each burger with the vegetable mixture. Spread inside of both roll tops with the entire amount of the mayonnaise mixture. Add the roll tops to the burgers. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 sloppy, delicious burgers