Smokey And Sweet Pulled Notpork Burger
- 1 1/2 Cups cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup + 1 tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1/4 Cup + 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil, for browning burgers
- 1 pound whole trumpet/king oyster mushrooms
- 1 Cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large red onion,
- 1/2 Cup red wine vinager
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 6 sliced Vermont cheddar cheese
- 3 oz Dill Pickle flavored potato chips
- 6 Ciabatta buns
- Combine shaved onions, sugar and vinager into a microwave safe bowl. Heat on medium power for 90 seconds. Let the pickled onions cool for atleast an hour before use.
- Place quinoa, black beans, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, salsa, plus 1/4 Cup of the bread crumbs into a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds, until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Form mixture into patties. You will get about 6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place black bean burgers on. Refrigerator for at-least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Place the trumpet mushrooms onto a greased sheet pan and roast them in the oven for 15minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool.
- Once cooled, use a fork and your fingers to shred the mushrooms until they resemble pulled pork. Combine mushrooms and BBQ sauce in a large pan and let them simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- To cook the black bean burger place a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with Vermont cheddar and cook until melted.
- Toast ciabatta buns before assembling.
- Top the bottom of the chibatta with 5 Dill Pickle flavored potato chips, followed by the black bean and cheese burger patty, topped with the BBQ pulled NOT pork mushrooms. Top it off with pickled red onions toasted top of the chibatta bun.