- Meat Patty:
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20 preferred)
- 1 Teaspoon. finely diced serrano peppers
- 1 Teaspoon. cocoa powder
- 1 Cup tomato paste
- 1/4 Teaspoon. salt
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 Ounces white Irish cheddar, sliced
- 1 yellow tomato
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1. In a clean glass or ceramic bowl, mix the seasoning: serranos, cocoa powder and tomato paste (add slight amounts of water if necessary to allow the ingredients to bind).
- 2. Mix in beef and form into flat patties.
- 3. Pat dry mix onto front and back of each patty, tapping off excess.
- 4. Lightly brush a grill pan or griddle with olive oil.
- 5. Cook patties until medium (approx. 4-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness).
- 6. Top with cheddar slice, Canadian bacon, and tomato slice.
- 7. Serve on toasted brioche bun.
- 8. Enjoy!