Spiced Up Turkey Burger With Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Cup minced sweet onion
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 Pounds ground turkey
- 2 Teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices pepper-jack cheese
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted
- Sriracha Mayonnaise (6 tablespoons mayonnaise mixed with 2 tablespoons sriracha hot pepper sauce)
- Dill pickle slices
- Raw onion, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- Saute onions, mushrooms and seasonings in oil for several minutes, until tender and browned. Set aside to cool.
- Combine turkey, seasonings and onion/mushroom mixture.
- Mix well to distribute spices evenly.
- Form into six patties.
- Preheat barbecue grill or grill pan until hot.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray and grill burgers over medium heat, approximately 6 minutes per side.
- Top with cheese and continue cooking until melted, approximately one minute.
- Assemble in this order:
- bottom bun, sriracha mayonnaise, burger patty, pickles, onions, lettuce, top bun.
- Serve with chilled Sutter Home Pinot Grigio.