Spicy Southwest Burgers with Honey Chipotle Dressing
11/2 lbs. Ground Chuck
3/4 lb Chorizo Sausage
1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsps cilantro
1 Tsp. Sea Salt
11/2 Tsps. Ground Cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 roasted poblano peppers, peeled and chopped
11/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 tsps. course ground mustard
2 Tbsps. honey
1 Tbsps. Chopped chipotle peppers (in adobe sauce)
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Heat Grill to med. temperature and grill poblano peppers for approximately 4-5 minutes or until skin of pepper begin to blacken or charr.
2.Remove peppers from grill and place in a brown paper bag while burger mixture is composed.
3.Mix together ingredients in a large non reactive metal pan in thefollowing order: Ground chuck, chorizo sausage, chopped onion, garlic, cilantro, sea salt, ground cumin,and cayenne pepper.
4. Remove poblano peppers from paper bag and peel charred skin from pepper being careful to maintain as much of the pepper’s flesh as possible.
5. Remove stem and seeds from roasted pepper and chop pepper.
6. Add pepper to burger mixture
7. Add eggs and bread crumbs to mixture
8. Mix everything together so that all ingredients are completely incorporated into the mixture.
9. Form into patties and grill 25 to 35 minutes over med heat or until done, being careful to control grill flare-ups.
In a medium nonractive bowl mix together the following ingredients with a whisk:
mayonnaise, mustard, honey, chipotle pepper, & salt
To Serve: Place burger on a large kaiser bun and dollup honey chipotle dressing on burger. Garnish as desired