summer veggie bagel burger
1 1/2 lb ground beef
2 T Worchershire sauce
1 T onion powder
6 ice cubes (small)
1/2 lb muenster cheese
1/8 lb broccoli
1/8 lb cucumber
1/8 lb carrots
1/8 lb cauliflower
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 bottle italien dressing (divided in half)
6 onion or sesame bagels
1. Prepare grill (gas recommended) by lighting and bringing temperature up to at least 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl with 1/2 italien dressing.
3. Divide mixture into 12 equal balls and flatten.
4. Make a depression in the center of each patty and place a small ice cube in the depression.
5. Place a second patty on top of the first and seal the edges. Repeat until the 6 patties have been made.
6. Place the 6 patties on a grill and cover with lid, checking until desired doneness is achieved.
7. Divide bagels in half and place on pieces of foil around edge of grill to toast.
8. While burgers are cooking, chop vegetables in food processor until thinly diced.
9. Put chopped vegetables in a bowl and cover with second 1/2 of the dressing and refrigerate until burgers are ready.
10. When burgers are cooked to preferred doneness, top with 2 slices muenster cheese and replace cover over meat and cheese to melt for 2-5 minutes (until melted).
11. Place burger on bottom 1/2 of bagel and top with 1-2 T of vegetable mixture and then top half of bagel