Summer’s Harvest Chutney Stuffed Cheeseburger
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup yellow squash shredded
1 cup gala apple peeled, cored and diced into ½ inch chunks
½ cup fresh peaches peeled, pit removed and diced into ½ inch chunks
½ cup apricot peeled, pit removed and diced into ½ inch chunks
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground mustard
187 ml. Sutter Home Chardonnay Wine
12 oz. shredded Italian cheese blend
2 ½ lbs. GROUND boneless BEEF chuck roast
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. burger spice
6 Asiago Ciabatta rolls
2 tbsp. softened butter
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat the closed grill to high heat (about 450 degrees), clean and reclose.
2. In an 8 inch cast iron frying pan (or one slightly larger) put 1/3 cup olive oil, squash, garlic, peaches, apricots and apples. Place them on the grill, close lid and cook 8 minutes.
3. Take meat and cut long ways down center of loaf. Now cut across 6 even slices. This will produce 12 equal pieces. Take 6 pieces and quickly pat into thick patties. Press large pinch (about 3 tbsp.) shredded cheese and push into center of the 6 patties just created. Now take 6 remaining burger cut outs and lay them on top the cheese baring down and forming six cheese stuffed burger patties. Handle meat as little as possible. Dribble 2 tbsp. olive oil over each patty and sprinkle hamburger spice on top.
5. Open grill stir in salt, mustard, cinnamon, chili powder and stir. Cook 8 more minutes. Stir in brown sugar. Leave grill open.
6. Place burgers oil/spice side down on grill. Cook 5 minutes with open grill.
7. Flip burgers divide remaining shredded cheese on each and continue cooking 5 minutes.
8. Butter the inside of the rolls and sprinkle garlic powder on them. Put them on the grill in the last minute burgers are on. Cook until light golden brown.
9. Remove burgers and place them on a platter for 3 minutes to allow juices to lock in. Serve them with ½ cup summer’s harvest chutney on each cheesy burger and roll!