Sweet-Hot Thai Burgers
This is a great burger to serve at your next party. It has a great fresh taste.
- 2 pounds freshly ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Spicy Thai Kettle Chips, placed in a bag and smashed slightly
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons bottled Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
- 6 good-quality potato hamburger buns, split
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- To make the mayonnaise, whisk the mayonnaise, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- To make the salad, whisk the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, sweet chili sauce, ginger, cilantro, and basil in a small bowl. Combine the cucumber, red pepper, and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- To make the patties, combine the chuck, salt, sweet chili sauce, green onions, and chip pieces in a large bowl, handling as little as possible. Shape into 6 patties to fit the buns. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- When the grill is ready, brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the rack, cover, and cook, turning once until done to preference — 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium. Place the buns, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill rack to toast lightly during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the cilantro mayonnaise over the cut sides of the buns. On each bun bottom, place a grilled patty, followed by equal portions of the Thai salad, add the top bun and serve.