Tarragon Chicken Burgers with Snow Pea Dressing
Snow Pea Dressing:
1 cup regular or light sour cream
2/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3/4 lb snow peas, diced
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup Sauvignon Blanc
2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 pounds fresh ground chicken (preferably half thigh meat and half breast meat, mixed)
Vegetable oil for the grill
6 Thomas’ Bagel Thins, plain
2 tablespoons butter, softened
• To make the dressing combine sour cream, mayonnaise, tarragon, cayenne, and salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Fold in snow peas and pecans, combine gently but thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
• Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
• To make the patties, in a large bowl combine all patty ingredients. Handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it, mix well. Cover and refrigerate one-half hour or until ready to grill.
• Divide chicken mixture into 6 equal portions, form each portion into a patty to fit the Bagel Thins. Put a small thumb divot in each patty to prevent bulging.
• Brush grill rack with oil. Place patties on rack, cover and grill until cooked through but not dry, turning only once, about 3 minutes per side.
• Lightly toast Bagel Thins, cut side down, on top rack of grill. They should be fairly crunchy. Remove and spread with softened butter while still warm.
• To assemble the burgers, for each serving, plate the bottom of the toasted Bagel Thin, place a cooked patty on each. Spoon an equal (1/6 of total) portion of dressing onto each patty. Top each burger with Bagel Thin top, and serve.
Makes 6 servings.