Th’ Sir Lamb Chuck Royale
18 oz. Fresh Ground Sirloin
18 oz. Fresh Ground Chuck
12 oz. Fresh Ground Lamb
12 Thick Slices of Fresh Cut Bacon
1 Med/Large White Onion Sliced into 6 1/2 inch slices
18 Sprigs Fresh Asparagus
4 Tbsp Good Quality Olive Oil
2 tsp Kosher Sea Salt
2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
9 oz. Cabot Classic Vermont Cheddar – (sliced 1.5 oz. each)
1 1/2 Cups Vermont Butter & Cheese Company “Fresh Crottin” Goat Cheese
30 Pitted Kalamata Olives
1 Tbsp Rinsed, Drained, and Chopped Capers
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Good Quality Olive Oil
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
3 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
4 Tbsp Real Butter
6 Lg. Deli kaiser Buns
1. Set Grill to Med-High.
2. Make The Burger Patties – Combine the Sirloin, Chuck and Lamb in a large mixing bowl. Mix together evenly and form into 6 equal 8 oz. Patties.
Try not to over work the patty.
3. Once Grill is ready add the Bacon to the second Grill Rack. Flip once bottom is crispy. Bacon will be ready when burger is done. Set on bottom grill 1-2 minutes if extra crispiness is needed.
4. Place Burgers on grill under the Bacon. Med Rare Flip every 3-4 mins a total of 3-4 times.
5. Drizzle onion with Olive oil. Sprinkle with Sea Salt, Cracked Black & Cayenne.
6. Coat Asparagus in Lg. Ziplock bag with Olive oil. Sprinkle with Sea Salt, Cracked Black & Cayenne.
7. Place Onions on grill Flipping once after caramelization occurs. Onions will be done when burgers are ready to rest.
8. Place Asparagus on grill rotating every 2 mins for 6-8 mins. Then snip off the tips.
9. Make the Olive & Goat Cheese Tapenade – Place Fresh Crottin, Olives, Capers, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Parsley, Crushed Red Pepper, & Red Wine Vinegar into Food processor and blend until a rough paste.
10. Once Burgers are done place on serving platter and top with Cheddar, Grilled Onion, Asparagus Tips & Bacon. Let sit for 4 mins
11. Butter the inner sides of the kaiser Buns and grill them for 2-3 mins.
Plating Th’ Sir Lamb Chuck Royale – Place the toasted bottom bun on serving plate. Then add the topped burger to center of bun. Finish with a 1/3 cup of the Olive goat Cheese Tapenade. Place top of bun on side of burger.