Thai Cobb Burgers with Asian Avocado Mash and Gorgonzola Aioli
For Gorgonzola Aioli
1 Cup mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Hot Sauce
Asian Avocado Mash
4 California Avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped
1/4 Cup red onion, finely diced
1 Cup cilantro leaves finely chopped, divided
Juice of 1 lime
3 Tablespoons soy sauce, divided
2 1/2 lbs ground Angus beef
1/2 Cup ground Kettle Brand Yogurt and Green Onion Chips (ground in food processor)
2 Tablespoons remaining soy sauce
1 teaspoon peeled minced gingerroot
1/2 Cup remaining finely chopped cilantro
2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Vegetable oil for grill rack
12 strips pre-cooked bacon
6 Large seeded sandwich rolls, split
6 red leaf lettuce leaves
6 large firm tomato slices 1/4 inch thick
1. Preheat gas grill to medium high heat.
2. Place mayonnaise, gorgonzola cheese and hot sauce in a medium bowl; mix well, cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. Place chopped California avocados, red onion, 1/2 Cup cilantro leaves, lime juice and 1 Tablespoon soy sauce in a large bowl. Mix until well combined, smashing the avocados. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
4. Place ground beef, Kettle Brand ground chips, remaining 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce, gingerroot, 1/2 Cup remaining cilantro, peanut butter and salt into a large bowl. With hands or large spoon, gently mix all ingredients until well combined, trying to handle meat as little as possible to prevent compacting meat. Form into 6 equal size patties.
5. When grill is ready, brush grill rack and medium heatproof skillet with vegetable oil. Place on grill, cover, and cook for 4 minutes, until bottom is brown. With spatula, turn over patties and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until done to your preference (internal temperature of 160 degrees F). Remove and keep warm. Place bacon strips into lightly greased skillet and place on grill; cook until crisped. Place rolls, cut side down, on outer edges of grill to lightly toast.
6. Spread gorgonzola aioli on both sides of warm toasted rolls. Layer bottom rolls with a lettuce leaf, a burger, a tomato slice, 2 strips of crisp bacon and heaping spoonfuls of divided Asian Avocado Mash. Top with remaining rolls, serve and Enjoy!