The Blues Burger
8 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
8 oz Gorgonzola, crumbled
8 oz Neufchatel
8 oz cream cheese
2 T cognac
2 T chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 lbs fresh ground chuck
1 lb fresh ground round
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Sutter Home Zinfandel
2 red onions, sliced
1 T butter
2 tsp brown sugar
6 sourdough buns, split, lightly buttered
Filling: Blend bleu cheese, Gorgonzola, Neufchatel, cream cheese, cognac, chives, s&p together and chill.
Burger: mix chuck and ground round, chill.
Glaze: mix pepper, brown sugar and wine; chill.
Onions: saute onions with sugar in butter on cooler section of grill, about 20 minutes.
1. Divide the Blues Burger into 12 balls.
2. Divide the Blues Burger Filling into 6 balls.
3. Flatten 2 Blues Burger balls and flatten 1 Bleus Burger Filling ball. Put Blues Burger Filling between the 2 Blues Burger flattened patties and crimp edges.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
1. Lightly grease grill.
2. Grill on hot fire for 5 minutes on each side.
3. Baste burgers with Blues Burger Glaze.
4. Lightly toast buttered sourdough buns.
1. Place Blues Burger on toasted sourdough bun.
2. Place caramelized onions on top of Blues Burger.
3. Top with bun.