There’s Not Mush Room On This Plate Burger
- 1 bottle (1.5L) Sutter Home White Merlot
- 3 Pounds ground beef sirloin
- salt (to taste)
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoonsof A1 steak sauce
- (and/or a couple dashes of worcestershire sauce) if you use both, use less
- deli swiss cheese (or provolone, mozzarella your choice)
- 2-3 pks portabella mushrooms (wiped and sliced thin)
- 2-4 pads butter (to saute shrooms)
- (Optional 1 smallish vidalia onion sliced thin)
- 6 lg sourdough buns
- Grill temp preheated 375-400 degrees
- Prep time about 15-25 mins
- Cook time 35-40 mins
- Mix with hands the sirloin meat, salt, pepper, (worcestershire) steak sauce, garlic & onion powders. Take a sip of your white Merlot. Patty up the meat. Should have 6 nicely sized patties. Do not over mix the meat or pack the patties to tight. Cover with a dish towel and let it sit ( to room temp) while you start the saute. Take a sip of Merlot.
- Set medium heat under a large frying pan. Add the butter and let almost melt all the way. Add your shrooms and vidalias, salt and pepper to taste, cook until the onions are limp and see through. Mushrooms should be wet and smaller. Turn heat down let simmer for about 10 mins. Might as well take another sip. Turn off the heat and drain. Put back in pan and cover to keep warm. Pour another glass of Sutter Home White Merlot.
- Grill should be ready to add the patties. Cook burgers for about 10-12 mins (depending on how well you like your meat) on each side or until internal temp reads 150-155 degrees. Let sit 7-10 mins for juices to redistribute. Meanwhile you can take a few more sips and toast both sides of your sourdough buns. Burger side of the bun first ( not to long) then flip. I like to add a piece of cheese during this time. Helps melting. Then you build your burger. Bottom bun. Patty. Cheese, Mushrooms, Melty cheese top bun.
- Eat, Drink and be Merry.