You Can’t Beat a Chicken Fajita Burger
4-5 white mushrooms
4 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp Tabasco Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime (zested and juiced)
1 1/2 lb. ground chicken
1 Hass avocado
1 shallot, diced
1 small jalapeno, seeded, de-membraned and finely diced
1/2 cup olive oil (for grill)
1 green pepper
1 vidalia onion
6 slices of Monterey jack cheese
6 Arnold Select White Hamburger Rolls
1) Place the mushroom into a food processor and pulse until thoroughly chopped. Add 3 of the garlic cloves and pulse until incorporated. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and add cumin, cinnamon, chili powder, and most of the lime zest (reserve a pinch worth for later) and stir. Set aside.
2) Light grill and set temperature to medium/high.
3) Place ground chicken in large bowl. Mix meat with hot sauce and 1/4 cup of the cilantro with hands. Add the mushroom mixture to meat and continue mixing.
4) Divide meat into 6 equal portions (1/4 lb. approx.). Tear off 3 4-5 inch wide strips of wax paper. Place two portion of the meat onto each wax strip and work each into patty shape. Please strips onto large metal sheet or plate and place in a cooler or refrigerator to chill.
5) Remove pit and skin from avocado. Cube the avocado meat and place into a medium bowl. Dice the remaining clove of garlic. Place the garlic and the shallot the bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of cilantro, the jalapeno, the juice of the lime and remaining zest. Mix until the avocado breaks down to small chunks. Set aside in cooler or refrigerator.
6) Remove the patties from the cooler or refrigerator. Take a Folded over paper towel and use it to liberally grease the grates of the grill where you will place the burgers. (It is wise to coat the grates 3-4 times.) Immediately place patties onto grill by turning each wax strip upside down and peeling the strip away from the patties. Use a spatula to make sure each patty is separated, but do not try to move the patty. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
7) Cut the green pepper in half. Remove seeds and membrane. Cut onion into 1/2 inch rings. Place the green pepper halves, skin side down, onto grill. Place onion rings on grill, as well.
8) Flip burgers and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Recoat the grates with oil, in needed, as you flip. Check vegatables; when tender, remove from the grill. Cut the green peppers into strips; cut the onion rings in half and separate the layers.
9) Turn the temperature to low. Place the buns, face down, on the grill to toast.
10) Place 3-4 of both the green pepper strips and onion ring layers on each patty. Cover the veggies with the Monterey jack slices. Allow the cheese to melt.
11) Remove buns from grill. Spoon the avocado mixture onto the bottom buns. Place a patty/veggie/cheese combo on top of the avocado mixture. Place the top bun and serve immediately.